Information Security Policy
Our ISMS is conceived to protect assets against threats, mitigating the incidents effects, establishing an information classification system, evaluating the risks that may affect the assets, controlling the information and data traffic, protecting the organization intellectual capital, reducing the equipment unavailability and defending assets against attacks.
BioBam has implemented its ISMS according to the International regulation UNE-EN-ISO 27001.
BioBam has unified these systems and created a unified Management Policy and the Integrated Management System.At BioBam we recognise the value of information and privacy and have therefore implemented an information security management system (ISMS) to control all our efforts towards information security.
Supplier Relationship Policy
We inform our Suppliers of the existence of a set of different Information Security Policies established in BioBam which shows our compromise to protect and guarantee the principles of confidentiality, integrity and availability of the information treated in our organization.
We work under an Information Security Management System, the scope of which not only affects the use of assets but extends to all persons and third parties in the knowledge and compliance with these structured guidelines according to the ISO / IEC 27001 standard. : 2013. All our policies are in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (RGPD).
This security regulation affects the following fields of the Organization:
- Access to facilities. In which access rules are regulated, making special mention of access to secure areas and regulation of access to people outside the organization.
- Access to the corporate network. Corporate resources are protected with the technical security means necessary to ensure the protection of information, either from the facilities themselves or externally. The access and use of information are regulated by standards focused on protection, with special attention to sensitive or confidential information.
- Use of assets. People at BioBam undertake to make rational use of and ensure the care of the equipment provided by the Organization for the performance of their functions and tasks. In this sense, performance standards are described and configurations are applied to protect the information contained in these devices.
- Internet use. Special attention is paid to the regulation of the use of the internet, email and cloud storage for professional uses with the aim of minimizing risks that may occur with unregulated use of said tools.
- Management of incidents. The involvement of BioBam people in security matters helps detect possible problems that may jeopardize the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the services or assets that they support.
- Business continuity. All the means implemented for the availability and continuity of the business are in line with the requirements of the certified ISO schemes in the organization.
- Intellectual property. Protected with the commitment of BioBam people in accordance with the organization’s confidentiality rules.
Violation of the Security Policies is subject to sanction in accordance with the mechanisms enabled in current legislation. Access to facilities. In which access rules are regulated, making special mention of access to secure areas and regulation of access to people outside the organization.
Your privacy is important to us. This privacy statement explains the personal data BioBam Bioinformatics processes, how BioBam Bioinformatics processes it, and for what purposes. BioBam Bioinformatics will make every effort to assure the complete privacy and confidentiality of our clients.
Personal Data We Collect
How We Use Personal Data
We collect your personal information because it assists us in delivering a high level of customer service. For example, your personal information helps us to keep you informed and up-to-date on the latest product updates and announcements as well as special offers that may be extended from time to time. When you provide BioBam Bioinformatics with your name, email address, mailing address or telephone number, and you do not “opt-out”, BioBam Bioinformatics may use the provided information to alert you to product updates, special offers, updated information, new products and other BioBam Bioinformatics information. BioBam Bioinformatics will send notifications regarding product activations and technical support notices. These messages are deemed essential to the functionality of the service and as such, there is no “opt-out” available for these notifications. The legal basis for the treatment of your data is the provision of the service and/or the consent of the interested party. The personal data provided will be kept as long as the provision of the service and/or the time required for legal liability is maintained.
Personal Data Sharing
Other than BioBam Bioinformatics representatives and authorized affiliates (such as value-added resellers), BioBam Bioinformatics does not offer, sell, or otherwise make available any user-provided information to third parties.
Our service offers publicly accessible community services such as help forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
While we will make every effort to preserve the privacy of our users, at times we may be required by law to disclose personal information.
How to Control Your Personal Data
If you do not want BioBam Bioinformatics or BioBam Bioinformatics representatives to contact you, you may “opt-out” at any time. You may “opt-out” by contacting BioBam Bioinformatics’ Customer Service Department or by following the instructions included in the email correspondence.
If you wish to request that we no longer use your information to provide you the service, you can send a request to delete your personal data to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In any case, and in due compliance of EU Regulation 2016/679 issued by the European Parliament and Council on 27 April 2016 pertaining to the protection of individuals as regards personal data processing and the free movement of these data, repealing EC Directive 95/46 (henceforth, the General Data Protection Regulation or “GDPR”), Act 3/2018, Organic Act on Personal Data Protection and the Guarantee of Digital Rights, as well as the implementing regulation deriving from the above, we hereby inform you that all personal data of the website as well as all data contained in the forms or sent by e-mail to BioBam Bioinformatics S.L. will form part of a file belonging to the company BioBam Bioinformatics S.L. whose registered address is at Avenida Peris y Valero 78, 46006 Valencia (Spain).
Where personal information is required, the BioBam Bioinformatics website uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption to transmit this data. This is done to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of the information you have offered. While BioBam Bioinformatics strives to protect the personal information you submit to us, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. As such, BioBam Bioinformatics can not guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our products and you do so at your own risk. Once your information has been received by BioBam Bioinformatics, we will make our best effort to ensure the safety and security on our systems.
To make this site work properly we place small data files called cookies on your device. A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies can be temporary or permanent.
- Temporary cookies (session cookies) are the Cookies that help you navigate our web and are essential for us to provide our service. These cookies are stored in the temporary memory of your computer, so that when the user closes their session they are automatically deleted.
- Permanent cookies are stored in your device for indefinitely and therefore this allows retrieval of the browsing information the next time the user visits the webpage. This type of cookies are used to track the user’s behaviour and facilitate custom advertising. For this type of cookies the user’s consent is necessary.
- Proprietary cookies are the ones sent to your device, from a domain managed by the owner and through which the service requested by the user is provided. The owner is responsible of informing you about the purpose of your data processing and of obtaining your expressed consent to it.
- Third-party cookies are the ones sent to your device through a domain that is not managed by the owner, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies. They are established through a third party plug in, that is a software that is improving the functionality of a bigger website (i.e. the ones used by social networks). In this case, both the owner of the web page browsed by the user as well as the third -party are responsible of notifying you of the purpose of processing your data and need to obtain your consent.
- Analytical cookies allow us to track and analyze our users behaviour while they browse our website. The collected information is anonymous and allows optimizaton of the user’s browsing.
We use Google Analytics, a tool for web analysis by Google that allows us to understand how the user interacts with our website. It collects the information anonymously and produces reports about the trends in our website, without identifying the individual user.
Therefore, the EU directive 2009/136/CE establishes that we are allowed to store Cookies in your computer or device when this is necessary for the correct functioning of the webpage, however in order to store different types of cookies we need your consent.
Which cookies do we use?
- wp-settings-1, wp-settings-time-1, wordpress_test_cookie, wordpress_logged_in_*
- _ga, _gat_gtag_UA_4433535_3, _gat_gtag_UA_4433535_3
How to control cookies
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
Who is Collecting the Data
Identity: BioBam Bioinformatics S.L.
Address: Avenida Peris y Valero 78-23, 46006, Valencia, Spain
Phone: +34 963 767 161
Last updated: June 2020